If you want to use blogs and other platforms for social interaction, one of the methods that you can consider is blog commenting. It is a popular, but especially useful link building strategy which is applied on blogs through comments. In this process, you can exchange ideas, offer suggestions, and provide feedback with other bloggers, which in return will add popularity and visibility to your own blog.
Follow these ideas when getting started with blog commenting:
- Do some research first by locating niche-related blogs using Google or any other search engine. Begin by typing on the search bar “your niche name” and the word “blogs” such as this example: health and fitness + blogs
- Choose several or more blogs that are somewhat similar or relevant to your niche and the content on your site.
- Find the posts or articles that are of interest to you.
- Do not post a comment before reading the entire article. After that, formulate your response based on key sections of the post and provide a comment that is both useful and informative.
- If linking to resources that will help define and support your ideas or feedback, do so only if permitted. Otherwise, simply refer to any sources by using the name of the resource.
- DO NOT attempt to insert links that refer people to affiliate offers or any other type of products or services. Doing this can signal spam and it is likely that your comment will not be approved.
- Either before or after entering your comment, you will need to enter your name, email address, and the URL of your blog or website. Many internet marketers often switch their name and replace it with a keyword term or phrase that is relevant to their site or niche. When adding the URL for your site, try to avoid linking to your homepage for every comment that you post. Alternatively, add a link to one of your other pages or posts.
Blog Commenting to Gain Backlinks
Blog commenting can do wonders for your internet marketing strategies, especially when used correctly. It requires careful implementation to achieve backlinks from credible sites. As it usually involves social interaction, it needs to be performed very skillfully so that you get good results. Backlinks play a major role in improving search engine rankings and getting better rankings on Google, Yahoo, and Bing. As a result, it improves your website’s page rank which improves your chances of getting better traffic and more potential customers.
There are several things you should know about blog commenting and link building. First, you need to provide constructive and useful information to readers. You must keep in mind that blog owners and readers do not like spam. So, when you are leaving comments on blogs, make sure that you leave relevant comments that inform readers about your topic but refrain from spamming.
Second, when you are engaging in blog commenting and link building, never post irrelevant content. This means that you cannot always post insightful and valuable information since blog owners will not find those things useful. Instead, what they look for is something that can be more useful for them. Try to think what blog owners and other readers would like to hear about.
Lastly, you must create an impact by being unique. When you are using this method of building backlinks, you must create something that is uniquely different or that really stands out. If your comment is already posted on dozens of other blogs, then there is no way that your comment will create value.
Leaving spammy comments on blog posts is a big no-no. In fact, it is even worse than posting irrelevant comments. That is why you must be incredibly careful when you are deciding which blog sites to post your comment on. The best thing that you can do is focus on creating valuable content for blog owners and their readers.
There you go, some helpful ideas and useful tips that will assist you in your SEO strategy by providing you with some simple ways to build backlinks to your pages. Blog commenting, if done correctly, can ultimately help you gain authority and provide you with a strategy to improve the rankings of your sites.